@MikeRyanRadio | 02/27/23
We’re only a few months away from warmer weather… I promise!! However, it looks like the Albany area is in for another round of snow this week. A winter weather advisory has been issued for the The Capital Region, with up to several inches of snow expected to accumulate by the end of the week. According to multiple weather sites from NOW (Monday Afternoon-Tomorrow Afternoon) we’re supposed to get 4-8 inches.
If you’re a snow lover, you’re in luck! This snowfall is expected to be light and fluffy, perfect for building snowmen and snow forts. But as with any snowstorm, it’s important to take safety precautions and stay informed about the weather conditions.
Here are some tips to make sure you’re all good when that snow DOES fall down heavy..
- Dress appropriately: Make sure you’re bundled up in warm, waterproof clothing, and wear boots with good traction to prevent slipping on icy sidewalks and roads.
- Check road conditions: Before heading out, check local traffic reports and road conditions. If roads are icy or visibility is low, it may be best to stay home or delay your travel plans.
- Stock up on supplies: Make sure you have plenty of food, water, and other essentials in case you’re stuck indoors for a while.
I know we’re all soo sick of it but it’s also a beautiful reminder of the joys of winter and living in the Capital Region. So bundle up, stay safe, and enjoy the winter wonderland that’s headed our way!
featured photo via Pixabay
- Northwest Fest at West MountainOne last run!
- 3 Historic Attractions To Visit in Albany@MikeRyanRadio | 3.28.23 Albany is a city steeped in history and culture. From its early beginnings as a Dutch settlement to its…
- Need a job? Rivers is hiring!@MikeRyanRadio | 3.27.23 The place I lose all my money at is NOW hiring! I do love a Rivers trip and the…
- Albany Med on LockdownAlbany Medical Center has been placed on lockdown after reports of a person with a handgun was inside the hospital.
- Pizza Cannibal Returns April 2nd!Good local eats!
- New Farmers Market Coming to AlbanyHere’s where and when
- $50,000 Powerball Ticket Sold in the Capital RegionCheck your ticket!
- Jubal Has Something To Say…what could it be?
- Feel The Force This Saturday With The Albany FirewolvesFeel The Force!
- Drone Footage Shows Devastation of Doane Stuart FireThe building went up in flames Thursday night
- Major Fire at Abandoned Doane Stuart School in Albany [VIDEO]Flames can be seen for miles
- New Donut Shop Opens in AlbanyThe locally owned bakery is now open
- Capital Region Senior Breaks 30 Year Drought@MikeRyanRadio | 3/23/23 Hoosick Falls High School senior Jake Sparks has made a big decision regarding his future. Sparks recently signed a…
- Valley Cats Hosting An Open HouseValley Cat Baseball is Back!
- Five Planets Visible from the Capital Region This WeekendIt’s been called the ‘parade of planets’
- Legendary Cohoes Restaurant Being Revived By Tipsy Moose Co-Owner@MikeRyanRadio | 3/21/23 This is a HUGE W for Cohoes! Smith’s, a beloved bar and restaurant in Cohoes, has been given a…
- 3 Highly Rated Capital Region Coffee Shops You Should Try!@MikeRyanRadio | 3/21/23 I never though I’d be writing a blog about COFFEE in my life but for some reason, I’m starting…
- Cohoes Mac-N-Cheese Bowl Happening Saturday@MikeRyanRadio | 3/20/23 Attention mac and cheese lovers: the Cohoes Mac N Cheese Bowl is happening this Saturday in Cohoes, NY, and…
- Great News For Amtrak Riders!@MikeRyanRadio | 03/20/23 After being suspended for over a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Amtrak’s Adirondack Line is set to resume…
- Six Flags Great Escape is Staffing Up for SummerLots of park perks are being offered as part of the job