@MikeRyanRadio | 03/01/23
The Capital Region has produced several notable people over the years, from actors to musicians and writers to Presidents. Here are 3 famous / notable figures from the Capital Region that you may not have known hailed from here:
Rachael Ray: Rachael Ray is a celebrity chef, author, and television personality who was born in Glens Falls. She rose to fame with her Food Network show, 30 Minute Meals, and has since gone on to host several other cooking shows, author numerous cookbooks, and even launch her own magazine.
Pat Riley: Pat Riley is a former NBA player, coach, and executive who was born in Rome, New York, but grew up in Schenectady. Riley played for the Los Angeles Lakers and coached them to several NBA championships in the 1980s. He also coached the New York Knicks and Miami Heat, and is currently the President of Basketball Operations for the Heat. The Schenectady High School Gymnasium is even named after Pat.
Martin Van Buren: Martin Van Buren was the eighth President of the United States, serving from 1837 to 1841. Van Buren was born in Kinderhook, but spent much of his early career in Troy, where he served as a lawyer and state senator. He went on to serve as Vice President under Andrew Jackson before being elected President himself.
These celebrities are just a few examples of the talented individuals who have come from The Capital Region. Their success and achievements serve as an inspiration to the region and beyond. Reason #963 why I’ll always love the 518.
featured picture provided by EnjoyTroy.
- Northwest Fest at West MountainOne last run!
- 3 Historic Attractions To Visit in Albany@MikeRyanRadio | 3.28.23 Albany is a city steeped in history and culture. From its early beginnings as a Dutch settlement to its…
- Need a job? Rivers is hiring!@MikeRyanRadio | 3.27.23 The place I lose all my money at is NOW hiring! I do love a Rivers trip and the…
- Albany Med on LockdownAlbany Medical Center has been placed on lockdown after reports of a person with a handgun was inside the hospital.
- Pizza Cannibal Returns April 2nd!Good local eats!
- New Farmers Market Coming to AlbanyHere’s where and when
- $50,000 Powerball Ticket Sold in the Capital RegionCheck your ticket!
- Jubal Has Something To Say…what could it be?
- Feel The Force This Saturday With The Albany FirewolvesFeel The Force!
- Drone Footage Shows Devastation of Doane Stuart FireThe building went up in flames Thursday night
- Major Fire at Abandoned Doane Stuart School in Albany [VIDEO]Flames can be seen for miles
- New Donut Shop Opens in AlbanyThe locally owned bakery is now open
- Capital Region Senior Breaks 30 Year Drought@MikeRyanRadio | 3/23/23 Hoosick Falls High School senior Jake Sparks has made a big decision regarding his future. Sparks recently signed a…
- Valley Cats Hosting An Open HouseValley Cat Baseball is Back!
- Five Planets Visible from the Capital Region This WeekendIt’s been called the ‘parade of planets’
- Legendary Cohoes Restaurant Being Revived By Tipsy Moose Co-Owner@MikeRyanRadio | 3/21/23 This is a HUGE W for Cohoes! Smith’s, a beloved bar and restaurant in Cohoes, has been given a…
- 3 Highly Rated Capital Region Coffee Shops You Should Try!@MikeRyanRadio | 3/21/23 I never though I’d be writing a blog about COFFEE in my life but for some reason, I’m starting…
- Cohoes Mac-N-Cheese Bowl Happening Saturday@MikeRyanRadio | 3/20/23 Attention mac and cheese lovers: the Cohoes Mac N Cheese Bowl is happening this Saturday in Cohoes, NY, and…
- Great News For Amtrak Riders!@MikeRyanRadio | 03/20/23 After being suspended for over a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Amtrak’s Adirondack Line is set to resume…
- Six Flags Great Escape is Staffing Up for SummerLots of park perks are being offered as part of the job