@MikeRyanRadio | 03/16/23
The MVP Arena in Albany has been chosen as one of the hosts for the First Round of the 2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. This is great news for basketball fans in Albany and the surrounding areas, as it means that they will have the opportunity to witness some of the best college basketball teams in the country compete on their home turf.
Hosting a major sporting event like the NCAA Tournament can bring a significant economic boost to the host city. The influx of fans, media, and teams can generate millions of dollars in revenue for local businesses and hotels. It’s also an opportunity to showcase Albany to a national audience, which could lead to increased tourism and economic growth in the long term.
I’ve never been to any of the games (NCAA Tournament wise) but I think it’s so dope that we have so many people in our backyard and it’s good for our local businesses which means that’s great for the community.
featured pic from Pixabay
- Northwest Fest at West MountainOne last run!
- 3 Historic Attractions To Visit in Albany@MikeRyanRadio | 3.28.23 Albany is a city steeped in history and culture. From its early beginnings as a Dutch settlement to its…
- Need a job? Rivers is hiring!@MikeRyanRadio | 3.27.23 The place I lose all my money at is NOW hiring! I do love a Rivers trip and the…
- Albany Med on LockdownAlbany Medical Center has been placed on lockdown after reports of a person with a handgun was inside the hospital.
- Pizza Cannibal Returns April 2nd!Good local eats!
- New Farmers Market Coming to AlbanyHere’s where and when
- $50,000 Powerball Ticket Sold in the Capital RegionCheck your ticket!
- Jubal Has Something To Say…what could it be?
- Feel The Force This Saturday With The Albany FirewolvesFeel The Force!
- Drone Footage Shows Devastation of Doane Stuart FireThe building went up in flames Thursday night
- Major Fire at Abandoned Doane Stuart School in Albany [VIDEO]Flames can be seen for miles
- New Donut Shop Opens in AlbanyThe locally owned bakery is now open
- Capital Region Senior Breaks 30 Year Drought@MikeRyanRadio | 3/23/23 Hoosick Falls High School senior Jake Sparks has made a big decision regarding his future. Sparks recently signed a…
- Valley Cats Hosting An Open HouseValley Cat Baseball is Back!
- Five Planets Visible from the Capital Region This WeekendIt’s been called the ‘parade of planets’
- Legendary Cohoes Restaurant Being Revived By Tipsy Moose Co-Owner@MikeRyanRadio | 3/21/23 This is a HUGE W for Cohoes! Smith’s, a beloved bar and restaurant in Cohoes, has been given a…
- 3 Highly Rated Capital Region Coffee Shops You Should Try!@MikeRyanRadio | 3/21/23 I never though I’d be writing a blog about COFFEE in my life but for some reason, I’m starting…
- Cohoes Mac-N-Cheese Bowl Happening Saturday@MikeRyanRadio | 3/20/23 Attention mac and cheese lovers: the Cohoes Mac N Cheese Bowl is happening this Saturday in Cohoes, NY, and…
- Great News For Amtrak Riders!@MikeRyanRadio | 03/20/23 After being suspended for over a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Amtrak’s Adirondack Line is set to resume…
- Six Flags Great Escape is Staffing Up for SummerLots of park perks are being offered as part of the job